Friendly and Knowledgable staff for your dental needs
Bennett Gum, DDS, located at 1010 S King St #403, Honolulu is here to serve your entire family’s dental needs. From dental X-rays and exams to teeth whitening, and crowns, Dr. Gum provides excellent dental care in a welcoming environment. Call the office today to book an appointment for yourself or your family.
Frequently asked Questions:
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth in order to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth, changing their color, shape, size, and/or length.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
The preparation of veneers preserves the most amount of tooth structure, as very little needs to be removed. They can improve the appearance of your teeth, and gum tissues respond well to dental veneers. The color can be custom selected, and in the case of porcelain veneers, they are stain resistant.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
Who is a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
If you have stained or chipped teeth, you might be interested in veneers as they will cover up your existing teeth. They are also a popular treatment for smile makeovers or for individuals who want their dream smile. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gum to further discuss your options.
Benntt Gum, DDS
Request your dental appointment
Get in Touch with us
- Monday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed